Friday, January 9, 2009

IT'S THE SIMPLE THINGS ...

I REALLY LIKE IT WHEN THE SIMPLE THINGS MAKE US HAPPY. FOR INSTANCE, TYPING IN ALL CAPS FOR NO REASON AT ALL MAKES ME A LITTLE HAPPY. WAKING UP AT 3:00 AM AND REALIZING I STILL HAVE 3 1/2 HRS TO SLEEP MAKES ME HAPPY.
NEW RIBBON TO MAKE HAIR BOWS, A FRESHLY CLEANED BATHROOM, AND LISTENING TO MY GIRLS GIGGLE, ALL MAKE ME HAPPY.
I LOVE THAT SILICONE BAKE WARE MAKES LEANNE HAPPY. I LOVE THAT MOM WALKING HER LITTLE DOG MAKES HER HAPPY. I LOVE THAT JUMPING ON THE TRAMPOLINE MAKES IVY HAPPY. I LOVE THAT LITTLE GAME FIGURES MEANT FOR 10 YEAR OLD BOYS, MAKES JASON HAPPY. I LOVE THAT MY SPENDING TIME WITH EMILIE MAKES HER HAPPY, AND PEEK-A-BOO MAKES ADDIE HAPPY.
I WOULD BE SO HAPPY IF EVERYONE WHO READS THIS WOULD POST WHAT SIMPLE THINGS MAKE THEM HAPPY.

8 comments:

  1. Staying up till 1:00 am with my girlfriends laughing and talking about any and everything makes me sooooo happy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to come up with something, in my foul mood, that makes me happy. And I promise I will post about it. Thanks for making me think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to my kids play together makes me happy. And going out to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Leanne.
    Also, big, happy, slobbery kisses from my almost-4-month old girl. Those make me really happy (and slimey - she's teething).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexander's squishy face, Kaleb's sincere compliments, Adam valuing our eternal marriage and telling me how for an hour today, and reading about SIS and her great family moments! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Eating a chicken sandwich from McDonald's
    *Brandon getting home from work.... finally
    *Kyla going down for a nap (does that make me a bad mom??)
    HAHA! Thanks for encouraging me to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Learning how to make beautiful hair bows:) And going on a hot date with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I walk into the room to hear Gabe singin at the top of his hungs, When Jentrey runs to get a tissue and wipes Lukes nose, When Caleb says "Mom will you cuddle me" even though he's 6! When Andy comes up behind me in the kitchen and gives me a hug. When Luke walks as fast as his freshly walking legs can take him, to me a proceeds to fall flat on his face a foot from me..then he looks up with a sheepish smile! Ahhh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?