Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had rad cool time last night at our New Years Eve Party. Of course it did get off to a rocky start. Jason went to the youth party at a ward members house so I was here alone to greet the guests and get things started. The party was scheduled for 9:00pm. by 9:20 I was a bit concerned no one had come yet. 9:30 had me worried, but by 9:45 I was imagining the worst New Year's Eve Party EVER! Finally everyone showed up.
And so we began our celebration by playing Poker. A lot of fun when you consider no one really knew how to play, and we were playing for chocolate. Each hand took forever to get through, cause no one was paying attention, and some of us weren't sure of what beats what. Its a good thing I had my trusty Play According to Hoyle, Hoyles Rules of Games book handy.
We had good food, good company, and good conversation. Thanks to everyone who came. I really had a great time, and Jason even said he liked it.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I'm sorry we couldn't come. We had family coming in town...again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Sis, Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was quite the rockin party! i hope i get invited next year... i promise to pay better attention to the game... and not wear a dirty shirt...:)

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?