Wednesday, November 30, 2011

From 3 to 4

    I have often said that 3 year olds are my favorite. I need to amend that now and say that 4 year olds are my favorite because my little Adelaidey is officially 4! I absolutely love these years. My little kids have always been such a delight to me. It is so fun to watch them make sense of the world. Lately she has been singing Praise to the Man. I don't think writing down the mispronunciations would do her version justice. I need to record her before she learns the words correctly.
   On her birthday I woke her up in the morning singing happy birthday to her. She opened her eyes, sat up and said "Yea, it came!" She has been asking when her birthday would come ever since her friend Re Ann had her birthday back in September. 2 months is long wait for a 3 year old, and the fact that Emilie's birthday came first almost killed her.
   She was a perfect little birthday girl. I loved watching her open presents this year. We gave her the "Cinderbrella doll" she was hoping for, and with grandma and grandpa Poyfair's birthday $$ we got her a new bike, which she is learning to ride in the house, cause the street is too scary; and which she has named Kayla.
    I threw her her first big kid party yesterday the 29th while the big sisters were at school. She had the time of her life. I let her pick out balloons at the party shop so each kid would have a balloon to take home. We made cake pops, which were a huge hit by the way, and we made Shrinky Dink snowman necklaces/ornaments. Addie was a little sad when all the kids left, but then she remembered all the awesome toys she just opened, and was soon absorbed in playing with them.
    She is already talking about her party next year, and who is going to come, and the thing they will do. Such a little planner, just like her mom.
     so happy birthday to my little Blondie. I love you.
  

 Making shrinky dink snowm necklaces




I love the surprised look on her face as she opens the present




A little just dance kids. I believe this was the chicken dance.

Gotta check to see if ReAnn is doing it right.

1 comment:

  1. I love the, "Yea it came" comment. What a sweet little girl. I'm so glad that she had a magical birthday.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?