Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dirty Bits, gettin dirty

Last Saturday the 29th of October some crazy ladies and I did a Mud Run in Fort Worth. It was the dirtiest I have ever been in my life, but it was also just about the most fun I have ever had.
It was a 10K, which means we ran 6.2 miles, and we faced off with 40 obstacles. Now I will admit that I personally did not do all the obstacles. I am painfully aware of my limitations, but that being said there were only 4 that I did not complete.
The day started off at a chilly 44 degrees, and by our 9:oo am start time it had warmed up to almost 50. So crazy as we were, we swam across the Trinity River, trudged through mud, and muck, and jumped/slid into many muddy water holes. Not to mention climbing up giant hills of dirt, and climbing up a cargo net.
I am so in love with all the great ladies that were there to help pull/push me out of holes, and encourage me to keep on going. So a big thank you to Barb, Emille, Valerie, Angie, Lacii, Shadi, Jamie, and Krystal.
I am so looking forward to doing it again in the spring.














2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am seriously so impressed! I wish I could have been there to do it with you. It looks like a freakin blast!!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?