Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ninerific







Happy Birthday to my most adorable nine-year old. Emilie is the sweetest, most wonderful child. I am so glad that she is my first. She is an amazing big sister to Ivy and Addy. Today she taught Addy how to climb the Jungle Gym, as well as how to hang and drop so she won't hurt herself. Now that's some good big-sisterin.
In some ways I wish I could have frozen her in time. I just loved her at age 4. I think that was my favorite year. She was so funny. I loved watching as she tried to make sense of the big crazy world around her. This year has been an interesting one.
I have been struggling with letting go of my little girl, by letting her be the big girl she has become. I know that's just going to keep getting worse this year too. But I remember being in third grade and feeling so old. So big, and wise, and I see her feeling that way too. I just hope as she gets older and more independent, that she remembers how much I love her, and how much I need her.

Happy Birthday Big Kid!!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet girl you have. Happy Birthday Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day you told me you were pregnant! She is so lucky to have such a loving mom to teach her and help her navigate through this life! Happy Birthday Big Girl! xo Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan is 4 and I keep thinking "Stop growing." I love this age and it's just like you say. I don't want him to get older. What a nice message for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?