Monday, October 27, 2008

Ghosts, Ghouls, and Jason

Saturday was our first annual Halloween Party. Jason told the girls we could have one before talking to me first, so when he finally asked me if I wanted to do one, I said "sure honey, you and the kids can throw a Halloween Party." I really liked taking a back seat role on this one. Usually I am the party planner, and host, but Jason stepped up and really shined. We had 23 kids ranging in age from 2-12, and he managed to entertain them all at the same time, with very little chaos.
His activities included a spider race, cake walk ( I did make the cupcakes and cookies), tricks for treats, a bubble blowing contest, a parade, ghost stories, a short Casper the Friendly Ghost movie, and a soap carving contest. Not to mention a small treasure hunt. The kids had a great time. We had them hopped up on candy and soda, and by the end we were so ready to send them all home. I pretty much just did what Jason told me to and let him run the show. I am amazed at how great he is with kids. I typically lose my patience and have a headache about half way through any party, but not my guy. I can really see why he's such a great school teacher, he has so much energy, and the kids love to be around him. He is already talking about next years party what he will keep, and what he will do different. I think he even wants to expand and have more kids. Technically we only gave out 8 invitations. I'm not sure I want to go bigger, we both crashed after everyone left. We were so tired we missed the adult party we were supposed to go to that night. Sorry no pictures, I forgot to take any, I'll try to get some from my sis in law. I know she got some.

2 comments:

What do ya think?