Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Barf Bowl

When I was a kid my mom had this big plastic bowl she would bring out anytime one of us had the flu. We had dubbed it the "barf bowl". I was reminded of the bowl last night when Emilie Suddenly puked all over the floor of her room. I yelled to Jason to grab a bowl and get in here. So he grabbed a large plastic bowl, not unlike our old childhood barf bowl, and handed it to Emms. She used that bowl all night long, we just kept rinsing it out and giving it back to her.
The interesting thing about the old barf bowl was that it was not only used for barf. We put popcorn in it, made brownies and cookies in it, basically it was a well used bowl. It didn't bother me as a kid that it was multifunctional. Now however I am a little disturbed that my bread and Carmel corn bowl has a new use.

6 comments:

  1. Yea, that's nice. Didn't you just send homemade sacrament bread a couple of Sundays ago (before the conception of the "barf bowl" I hope). I think I will have to abstain next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a barf bowl growing up too! All of us kids refused to eat anything made in it so it was strictly a barf bowl. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't laugh, but I still have "The Barf Bowl"!!! I used it 2 winters ago when I had the flu. That is one tuff bowl.I left it to you in my will. Ha Ha

    Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. mike's mom used to make "oopsie bags". my mom just yelled at us to get our heads straight over the toilet so we didn't slosh!

    i'm totally digging your songs. especially the emily song. and ben fold's- one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry she's sick, but LOL we had a huge orange Tupperware bowl that my mom used! I'm pathetic and get a bucket out of the garage... just cant think of it REALLY being clean again! Love ya Sis! xo

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?