Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Train Adventure. Or, Our Dreams Finally Came True

Let me start at the beginning ...

I have this friend, Lindsey, who has this little boy, Carson, who loves trains. So she asks me "Would you and the girls like to go ride the Trinity Park Mini Train with us?" Of course I wanted to go. I'm not one to turn down a fun outing that I didn't have to plan. So, we pack up the munchkins and drive up to Ft. Worth and wait for the train. THAT NEVER COMES! According to the website it is supposed to be running, but no. So we let the kids play at the park for a while, then head home.
    
  Did I mention that this was March, the week before Spring Break? Well, it was.

Flash Forward a few weeks.

I have this friend, Lindsey, who has this little boy, Carson, who loves trains. So she asks me "Would you and the girls like to go ride the Trinity Park Mini Train with us?" Yes, of course we didn't get to last time, and the kids really want to go. So, we pack up the munchkins and drive up to Ft. Worth and wait for the train. THAT NEVER COMES! It was a bit chilly that day, and there was some wind, but no train. So, we head home.
Did I mention that this was April? Well, it was.
In the mean time several of Lindsey's friends have gone with their kids and ridden the train.
So now we have a mission. We have to ride this train!

Flash Forward a few weeks.

I have this friend, Lindsey, who has this little boy, Carson, who loves trains. So she asks me "Would you and the girls like to go ride the Trinity Park Mini Train with us?" Of course I want to go! We are going to ride this train or die trying. So, we pack up the munchkins and drive up to Ft. Worth and wait for the train. THAT FINALLY COMES!! The kids are so happy, Lindsey and I are so happy.

Did I mention that this is May? Well, it is.
It only took us two months and three tries but,
 our Train Dreams have finally come true!











No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?