Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So much goings on ...


Where do I start? This past Monday I met with my academic advisor, just to see if I was on track for graduation. I have been thinking I would be graduating in December of this year, but worried that I may have overlooked something and would have to wait till next May. After my meeting, it is confirmed, I will be graduating with my Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in December 2013. WooHoo!
 I am super excited if you can't tell.

This little bit of news seems to have lit a fire under me. I have been putting off starting on the road to my professional career because it has felt too daunting with all my school work, church work, and lets not forget parental and spousal responsibilities. Now that I feel the end is finally in sight, I am excited to break into the grown up world of working as a professional photographer.

 So what does that mean?

Well, I have finally begun building a Face book page for my professional self. It is simply ...
Sara Poyfair Photography. I kicked around a bunch of cutsie names, but finally my art education got the better of me. Best to go by my own name; I am an artist after all! Right now my goal for the page is to update it with examples of my work. I'm super happy to have a working oven again (#thatsanotherstory) so I have been baking like crazy lately, and photographing my delectable delights. I love food photography, but because I have been focusing on school assignments for so long, I haven't branched out there as much as I would have liked. That is finally changing, I will be doing more of the photography I like to do, and exploring a few new techniques. Check out my page and "like" it. You'll make my day.

I am also gearing up for a month long trip to Florence, Italy with my photo department's study abroad class. I will leave June 2nd, and return on July 4th. I am so very excited to go, and even more excited that Jason is so supportive of me going. In order for me to afford this trip I am looking to set up some photo shoots. I need to do 7 shoots at my current price of $130.00 to pay for my housing. I am praying that everything will work out since I already paid my non-refundable deposits. yikes!

That's about all that is going on for the moment. As if that's not enough! I'll be doing a Florence Photo of the Day while I'm gone, and look for my website in the near future. I'm working on getting that up and running too. 

1 comment:

What do ya think?