Friday, March 8, 2013

A Home for Birdies

I went to the fabric store the other day to get some fabric for a baby shower gift,
 and what do I see ...
Wooden birdhouses on sale for $.50. How could I not get one for my two little darlings
at home? I spent more time than necessary deciding from the variety of styles available, and 
brought a couple home. 
Addie, I think, was more excited than Ella at first, but once Ella realized how much
 fun Addie was having without her. She joined right in. Though I think she spent
more time stuffing ribbon roses into the little hole than actually
coloring her house. 
Addie went right to town coloring her birdhouse a nice bright red, so the birds
would be able to see it. She was rather concerned 
about the small size of the houses. "What kind of tiny bird
can fit in here." I told her
they are more for decoration than actual use, but maybe a hummingbird would make
a home in there. That seemed to satisfy her.

They were both so excited to hang them in our tree, I had a hard time getting them to wait for the glue
on their flowers to dry. 

So without further ado ... 
The Birdhouses.







I wonder what our next arts and crafts day will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?