Friday, March 22, 2013

Personalized Plates

I love it when a friend calls me up and says
"Let's make a craft today."
It really is one of my favorite things. I will drop whatever I am
doing to join in on the creative fun. 
So, last week during Spring Break when my friend Valerie called, 
 and asked if the kids and I wanted to make something,
I was thrilled.
She brought over her trusty Martha Stewart 
craft book, and we flipped through till we found something
that appealed to us.
{Painting on Glass and Ceramics}

We took off to Michael's, and the dollar store
to get our supplies, and went to work.

The kids made personalized plates. 
Okay, I actually made Carmella's, and Adelaide's plates.
Addie decorated her own, but didn't like it so she asked me
wash it off and make it for her. Emilie and Ivy did theirs though.
Now the paint is nontoxic, and it does say you can eat off of it, but it is 
hand wash. Of course my sweet hubby has put them through the dishwasher a few times
already, but so far so good.

My bowls I pick up at Big lots and I love them!
I keep putting little snacks like grapes and pretzels in them to snack on while I work.
I'm thinking I may buy some more to use as birthday gifts. 

Here are the results of our Spring Break Craft Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?