Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Big One O

Ivy, my little darling turned 10 years old last Saturday February 2. She has been such a fun kid to have around. I love spending time with her. She makes me laugh, and she says and does the sweetest things.
When I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday she immediately answered "Roller Skating!"
   We went on my birthday, and she enjoyed it so much that she couldn't wait to go back for her birthday. So, Saturday afternoon we packed up the fam and drove to Arlington to skate. We rented Ivy and Addy these little skater's helpers. They are basically just big PVC pipe joined at an angle with wheel casters on the bottom. The girls could hold on to them and skate on their own. GENIUS!
Emilie was so sweet out on the rink. She would see someone fall and rush over to help them up; not just family, but total strangers as well. I loved watching her compassionate nature at work.
Jason was a trooper hanging out with Carmella, and Addy when Addy wasn't skating. He let me take over the skating with the kids. I loved it! Once again, I took my own white and pink skates that I've had since 7th grade, and tore up the place. (not really, but it's fun to imagine I did.)

After skating we took the kids to the Planetarium at University of Texas at Arlington. Ivy loves space, and has decided to be an astronaut when she grows up. They were showing a new movie we hadn't seen yet about astronauts and how space effects their bodies. Ivy loved it, Addy hated it, and Carmella was mesmerized. I'm pretty sure Emilie liked it too. She wants to go back to see Space Park 360, something we'll have to see without Addy and Ella.

Unfortunately, due to a flat tire we got home later than expected, so we had to put off the cake and ice cream till the next day. I had baked the cake that morning but it was not yet frosted and ready to go.
Ivy didn't care though, as long as she had her birthday presents which consisted of Angry Birds, Legos, and La La Loopsie toys, she was a happy girl.

Happy Birthday to my sweet little Ivy, you are growing faster than I would like, but I'm enjoying every minute of it!


The Tootsie Roll Cake ( per Ivy's request)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?