Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fifteen Years of Wedded Bliss

January 23, 2013 marks fifteen years of marriage for Jason and me. To commemorate this 
milestone I decided to pull together a little still life. 

The flowers Jason gave me
for our anniversary. I love them. He doesn't get me flowers very often, but when he does he
does it right.

The album holds photos from our wedding along with our wedding announcement.

The rings ... well that's a little obvious. His is not the one from our wedding day. ( he lost that about 13 years ago) Mine is the one from our wedding day, even though for our 11th anniversary he bought me a new one. This one will always be special to me.

The shoes Jason bought for me as my gift this year. I have been in desperate need for new running shoes. I have been working very hard to regain my pre-pregnancy body, and new running shoes will
go a long way toward that goal.

The harmonica I bought for Jason. He has been learning the harmonica for over a year now, but
he lost his "good one" a few months ago. Since then he has
been struggling with less expensive ones. Now when he serenades me he won't complain about how
he can't hit the notes he needs to.

After fifteen of marriage I am happier and more in love than I ever thought possible. Aside from the gifts and cards we exchanged, Jason took three days off from work this week
so we could spend time together. He has gotten up with the kids and sent them off to school, allowing me to sleep in past 7:00a.m on a week day! Today we bought our gifts for each other, and went to lunch. He gave me the time I needed to pull together this little photo shoot, and update this blog. Tonight Emilie will be babysitting while we go out again. I have been enjoying just being with him. I know he 
has more things planned for us to do, and I can't wait to find out what his plans are.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?