Saturday, December 8, 2012

Who's 5 ???

How can it be that my little gum drop, my little Sassy McFrassy, Miss Adelaide Etta Poyfair is FIVE years old! I know everyone says they grow up too fast, but in this case I really feel like it's so true.
She has been my little buddy, my side-kick for five fantastic years. I told her not to get any older when she turned three, but she insisted on being four. I told her she was not allowed to be five, but look at what she went and did! In less than a year my buddy will be in Kindergarten, and I will miss her so much! I love my days with her and Carmella. I wouldn't give up a single day with them. Well maybe just the really cranky days.

For her birthday this year she was very specific on what she wanted. A Princess Camping Candy Party.  What could I do but provide that for her. My parents came for Thanksgiving this year, so we decided to have her party the Saturday after Turkey Day. It turned out to be the perfect Texas November day for an outside party. Jason, the good dad that he is, set up our big tent in the backyard. Mom and I got to work decorating it. I tried to imagine what a princesses tent would look like when she is camping. I'm not sure we got it right, but I think we came pretty close.
Mom and I made tutus for all the party girls, which were a big hit. I also made Royal Bandannas for all the Princes and Princesses. Of course you need your Royal Bandanna when camping. The boys also got swords and axes to slay any passing dragons, or thieves that may be lurking in the Royal Camp Ground. (We did in fact have a few present stealing bandits.)

The kids played tug of war against Jason, the kids won of course. We had a "campfire" that everyone sat around to eat snacks and listen to the Princess "ghost" stories. We also played duck duck goose, and many other camping type games. Mom and I made yummy smore's pops in lieu of cake. They turned out so good, and no left over cake, Yea!

For the Princes

 Our tissue paper Chandelier

 For the Princesses

 Tug - of - war

Get that guy!

 Snack and story time






 The kids took turns making up their own princess story

 Emilie and Ivy, our tricky Bandits
Hey bring back those presents!!

All in all I think Addy had a pretty magical fifth birthday party. She hasn't stopped talking about it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?