Sunday, July 8, 2012

Poyfair - Blain Camping Trip

A few weeks a go on June 15 we took our girls on their first camping trip.
Jason and Brian got together and arranged everything. I was
 so excited. I have been wanting to take the kids camping for years.
In fact I even bought us a 12 man tent 2 years ago, and we finally
got to use it as a family. (I know there are only 6 of us, but I wanted plenty of space)
We went out to Mustang Park which is only about
20 minutes away, but for a first
camp out it was perfect for us.
We had so much fun. We had the traditional tin foil
dinners, and of course we had smores! Jason
and the kids sat around the fire and told not so scary ghost
stories. I, unfortunately had to work on making
a slide show for the cub scout day camp that
was going on the same week, but I had a good time all the same.
We let Emilie bring her friend Penny Taylor along. She is the cutest kid
and so fun to have around. We had a running joke the
entire time because we also brought our dog Penny with us, and we kept confusing
everyone with who we were talking too. (sort of) "Penny, stop eating the garbage!" and
 things like that kept getting yelled.

I loved going with the Blain  Family, and would do it again in a second. Brian is so
easy going, and fun, and he has the best stories.
 Bethany, his wife, has the most infectious laugh. She is just delightful
to hang out with. They have such fun kids too. Avery, Halley, Tyler, and Bella. They are always
into everything, and so funny. Halley will give you everything she owns in a heartbeat.
She has such a giving spirit. Tyler is so independent. He can do anything and
everything himself, but he still loves being apart of all that the girls are doing.
Avery is sweet and kind. She always has something nice to say.
She loves to help out with the little girls and to be the responsible one.
Bella is just simply adorable. She has the most angelic and cherubic face, but
has to be the messiest kid ever!  You can tell she is
always having fun, because she has a huge smile on her face,
and is dirty head to toe. I love that about her. Since I've been raising Ivy the Mud Queen I have a
 new appreciation for a happy messy kid.

We all had a great time, and I hope to do it again soon! Well, maybe when the weather cools off a bit,

 Bethany and Brian listening to one of Jason's stories.

 Halley taking a drink break

 Penny

 Miss Avery

 Tyler and Bella checking out the bug situation

 Jason teaching the girls how to load a fishing hook with worms

 Stick bug

 Adelaide kicking our dog.

 Carmella having an outdoor nap


1 comment:

  1. FUN! I wanted to see a picture of your huge 12 person tent. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?