Monday, May 14, 2012

This Semester's Work

With the end of a semester comes a re-cap of
what I've been doing in my classes. This semester I took a staged environment
photo class, and a digital imaging class. This was a really
tough semester for me.  I had a whole bunch of issues in my personal
life that I have had to work through. I was surprised at how those issues came out
 in my work. I can totally see the things that were bothering
me in the choices i made with regard to my images. I don't know that
anyone else will see it, but I think it was kind of therapeutic
for me.
  I was so burned out when the semester began, and I never really
felt like I was comfortable with any of the assignments. I guess that's a good thing. If a person gets
 too comfortable, their work usually becomes stale. I really had to stretch myself, and while
I am still not completely happy with the work I did, I feel like I learned a ton. I gained
valuable knowledge and experience that I can take with me into my next classes.

This isn't all the work I did, but rather just a sampling of what I have been up to.


Single Image Narrative
Each image tells its own story







Digital Imaging, Self Portraits
This was really hard for me, and for most of my class.
I really struggled with how to portray myself

my little nod to pop art

unrecognizable portrait

incorporated text
zoom in on the baby to read what I have tattooed on her back

 
Still lifes







digital imaging scanograms

Line

Texture

Depth of Field

1 comment:

  1. Sara, your work is BEAUTIFUL! So creative, I loved checking it out. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?