Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

We went to visit Jason's family for Memorial Day again this year. This has got to be
 one of our families favorite weekends of the year. I know we do
this every year, but the kids always look forward to it. It's the one thing that keeps them going till the end of the school year. When they are uncooperative,
I can always say "you want to go to the lake house don't you?
All your cousins and Lake Grandma and Grandpa will be there."
That always puts them back in line.

This year was especially great because Jason took our new(old) kayak with us. It's old because
it has been sitting in my dad's closet for 20+ years. It's new because
it has never been used in those 20+ years. If you know my dad at all you'll understand
when I say it was one of his Marlboro mile items. A pretty awesome
acquisition considering he doesn't smoke.

Anyway, Jason took it out for her maiden voyage this weekend. He paddled the kids all around the Lake. At one point I thought he was going to drift out to sea, but he turned her around
and headed back to the dock. The kids had a blast, and Jason got an awesome sunburn, on the front half of his body. I too enjoyed paddling around in it. We will be bringing it
back with us for sure!

This year Mama and Papa Poyfair brought Grandma Ruth (Carol's mom) out for the summer.
Carol is now her primary caregiver, and does an outstanding job
tending to all Ruth's needs. Grandma knows it too. She talks all about how wonderful Carol and
 Paul are to her. It was really neat to see the little kids interacting with their
great grandma. They were so good around her, not at all shy or hesitant.

Jason's cousin Diane came from Arkansas. She spent a lot of time playing with the kids, and talking to her grandma. Diane is a welcome addition to our family gatherings. She is just a delightful person , and it's so nice to finally see someone who resembles Jason. It is so obvious he looks like his mom's
side of the family, but until Diane started coming out here I only knew he
doesn't look like his dad's side.

So to bring my narrative to a close I present the pictures, and yes I do hope to make Kimberly and Sharee miss us. We missed  your families greatly this trip, and look forward to the next time
 you guys can come out here.
























2 comments:

  1. That blog must have taken FOREVER to prepare. I sure appreciate the work you put into this. Everything is documented so well, and there are such a variety of pictures. This year I pretty much handed over my camera to the kids. Not a good idea by the way. I can't wait to do this again in July. And this time, I"ll be taking my own pictures. Again fabulous,fabulous post. I really enjoyed reading/looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better believe we missed everyone!! We sat at home on Memorial Day and did NOTHING... SAD! Everyone is getting so big. I can't stand how everyone has to grow up when you are gone. We miss everyone so much!!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?