Friday, August 27, 2010

Conversations with Adelaide


Everyday, starting as soon as the big sisters are safely deposited at school, Addie asks me the following questions:


Addie: Mommy, Emme go? (she leaves out the "where" in her sentence)

Me: Emme's at school.

Addie: Oh. (pause) Ivy go?

Me: Ivy's at school.

Addie: Oh. (pause) Mommy, Daddy go?

Me: He's at work.

Addie: Oh. (pause) Paul go?

Me: Paul's at work too.

Addie: Mommy, Addie go?

Me: Your in the stoller (or possibly the car.)

Addie: Oh. Mommy go?

Me: I'm right here with you.

Addie: Oh.



Now wait about 10 minutes, and start the entire conversation again. If you do that about 20 times, you'll understand what my day is like with Adelaide.

1 comment:

  1. How cute that she keeps tabs on everyone! I'm sure that having the same conversation 20 times a day gets old but I'll bet you're loving all the one on one time with her.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?