Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some things I love about Ivy.



There are some things about Ivy that I really don't like. Her tendency to run away for instance, and the fact that she still wets her pants occasionally. I also dislike her ability to tune the world out, or just plain ignore you if she doesn't like what you are saying.

However, this is a post about the things I do like. She is such a loving child. She is always ready with a hug and kiss. The kiss may land on your elbow, or whatever body part is closest to her, but they are always free flowing. She is so amazing with Adelaide. Adelaide thinks Ivy is the funniest person on earth. Ivy can always make her laugh. She has helped us avert many potential tantrums already. Ivy is also very sensitive, and soft hearted. From a very early age she would cry if she saw me cry. She likes to hold my face in her hands and say "Its okay Mom, just be happy." She cries when I sing YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE. the line, please don't take my sunshine away, makes her sad. She worries about people. Last night when we were saying our evening prayer she made sure to bless the Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly. Ivy was very concerned about the tummy ache the Old Woman must have. She also rhymed Uncle Paul with soccer ball during the prayer, which is another reason I love her. She is smart and so funny.

I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is such an amazing little person. I can't imagine my life without her.

3 comments:

  1. I loved learning a little more about Ivy. I love that she is good with Adelaide. I wish Kyla had an older sister or brother or SOMETHING to keep her busy. O-well, I guess that is the down-side to being the oldest. When are you guys heading to the lake? Are you going to the lake? Saturday to Sunday? By the way, my friends are throwing my shower on June 6th, I just wanted to make sure it didn't overlap with the one you guys may be doing for Nikki??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be the sweetest thing I have heard! I wish y'all were still here so I could see your girls.. you are sooooo missed! We think about you often and especially everyday when we break out the sweet pink blanket you made for Landry!!!!

    Love y'all!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most beautiful entry. I want to run a journal about my kids. I love the part about her hold in your face and telling to to just be happy. We all need an Ivy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?