Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Service Project

I AM TIRED OF STRESSING OVER THE MESSY STATE OF EMILIE'S ROOM. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TAKE A MORE RELAXED APPROACH FOR THE LAST MONTH OR SO. SHE HAS TO CLEAN IT BEFORE FRIENDS CAN COME OVER, BUT OTHERWISE I JUST CLOSE THE DOOR AND WALK AWAY FROM THE MESS. THIS BEING SAID, I COULDN'T STAND IT ANYMORE.

SO I DECIDED TO DO AN ACT OF SERVICE FOR MY ELDEST DAUGHTER, AND CLEAN HER ROOM, THE RIGHT WAY, THE MOM LEVEL OF CLEAN, NOT THE 8 YEAR OLD LEVEL OF CLEAN IT USUALLY GETS. I ALSO THOUGHT THAT IF I CALL IT A SERVICE PROJECT, I WILL BE LESS LIKELY TO GET REALLY CRABBY, AND MAD AT MY LITTLE DARLING. THAT THEORY ACTUALLY WORKED. I CLEANED IT, AND I FELT GREAT ABOUT DOING SOMETHING NICE FOR EMILIE. I EVEN FOUND ALL THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN "LOST" FOR THE LAST MONTH.


SO HERE THEY ARE, THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES.





WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE IS ALL THE STUFF SHOVED UNDER THE BED AND IN THE CLOSET. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PICTURE AFTER I PULLED EVERYTHING OUT.


IT TOOK ME 3 HOURS TO ACHIEVE THIS LEVEL OF CLEAN!

I EVEN ORGANIZED THE CLOSET.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are a very nice mom. And I love your attitude about the service project...I might have to use that someday soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to do that sort of thing around here too. I can only stand the bed and closet being crammed full of stuff for so long. They are learning that they really don't like it when I clean because it results in several trash bags leaving the house never to return. I figure if it's not important enough to clean up then they don't really need it that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good mom, maybe I will try your whole "service project" theory while making breakfast... it always comes so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! She better be given you all kinds of love :o). Remind her when you need a leg up on her (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice mommy! Isn't it such a good feeling when it's all done and clean, though? It's always cleansing to purge your kids junk!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?