Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lots of stuff we did today.

Sorry, I know this post is going to be very jumbled, but I have a lot to say today.






First: Pinkalicious.


Ivy is totally in love with this book. We read it every night literally, without fail. Its a really cute story about a little girl who turns pink from eating too many pink cupcakes. So today Ivy decided we need to live the story. We made a batch of very pink cupcakes. They had to look like the ones in the book so Jason had to buy Maraschino Cherrys for us. Then when they were done, Ivy ate about 6 all by herself. Her skin didn't turn pink, but her tongue sure did!



Second: Spelling with Ivy.

I love this segment. She cracks me up. Here is what she spelled today...


ap - ple ju-i-ce, that spells apple juice.

s -t-o-p that spells stop.
at least shes learning to spell some things right!




Third: Ice Skating with Emilie.

Today Emilie's Girl Scout Troop had an ice skating lesson to earn the sport badge. Some of the girls did really well, some not so much. Emilie wasn't too bad, and she only cried when she saw me taking pictures of her. She told me when it was over that she wants to do it again really soon. I wonder if I could get Jason in a pair of ice skates?




Fourth and final: Emilie's joke.

She told me a joke on the way home from skating, then she told me I should tell it to all my friends. So here it is everybody.


Where do sneakers go on vacation?
Lace Vegas! HA HA HA!






4 comments:

  1. what a fun mom you are. Katie is wanting to go ice skating too so let me know next time you go and we'll tag along. I'll take care of the baby and take lots of pictures so YOU can go skate with the girls. Good plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ivy's cupcakes. They look really tasty! I wish we were closer so that I could have some. Emilie looks so big with those ice skates on. Looks like she had a good time. Love the joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY wanted to make some pink cupcakes and eat them all myself after I read this post. You are such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great....if Jennaveve sees this I'll have to try to be a SUPER mom like you and bake some yummy pink cupcakes! Pinkalicious is one of our favorites, too. Ivy is quite the chef!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?