Sunday, August 3, 2008

NEWPORT BEACH CALIFORNIA IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD EVER!!!



Of course that's just the humble opinion of me and my entire family. We went for our yearly week at the beach and we so did not want to leave. In fact Ivy keeps asking if we can go to back to the beach. She had the best time climbing on the rocks. We could hardly keep her out of the ocean this year. She is now an expert wave jumper, and seagull chaser to boot.




Adelaide was very impressed with the water, the waves, and more importantly the sand. I had a hard time keeping it out of her mouth. I think she ate more than I would like to admit to. She also had her first piece of licorice while we were there. She swiped it from Ivy without me noticing, and by the time I did it was too late.




Emilie built many a sand castle, and sand volcanoes. She brought back a huge bag of shells she found them all herself, and she made friends with a little girl from Florida who's family was staying in the house next door.






We had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa Sneddon. They spoiled the girls rotten (as usual). They bought us beach bars, and giant donuts, and we had the best time of our lives.

I would like to give a great big thank you to Kimberly and Mason for feeding us lunch, and allowing us to invade their home for a little while. We loved seeing you both and of course your adorable kids. We had a great visit with you guys.
After leaving the beach we drove to Las Vegas for a fast but fun filled visit at my parents house. It was great to see my brothers again, and I even got to bring one home with me. Paul, the baby of the family (27), moved back with us and we couldn't be happier to have him. It is so good to see apart of my family around. The girls just love having him too.
Unfortunately, my father and I did take a quick two-day trip up to Utah for the funeral of my cousin Karen. It was nice to see family that I haven't seen in years, but I'm sorry it had to be that way. Karen was well loved, and will be greatly missed.
And so ends the travel log on this vacation. It was all we hoped it would be and more!



2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for these pics! SO JEALOUS! I want to take a vacation with Brandon, but time off and money is always an issue. I keep hoping that the future will bring more opportunities for vacation and that is what is keeping me going. Your trip looked like a blast and reminded me of family trips when I was a kid. I am so glad you do this and give your children traditions to remember for the rest of their lives! I loved the story about Addy and the licorice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE, it really is the best place on earth! Love the pics and seeing your fam, kiss and hug them for me when you can, or just send them my love! xo

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?