Monday, January 5, 2015

Post-Christmas Crafting Craze



After Christmas ended, so did the good weather out here in Texas. It was a little rough for us desert rats. Cold, wet, dark and gloomy. Jason, once again, convinced me to take down the Christmas decor before the first of the year, and our house was looking so dreary to me. Not to mention, I was going stir crazy. 

What was a girl to do?

I busted out Pinterest, started a new board and began pinning valentines decorations like a mad woman! With my inspiration in hand I began scavenging the house for supplies. 
I found a large scrap of burlap that's just been screaming to be used. I made two of the "love" banners from the above picture . One for me, one for a friend. Then I found the metal "you make my heart smile" sign in my craft bin. I bought it over a year ago for $1 and never put it to use. I framed it with an extra bit of burlap and added the hearts to the bottom. Love it!

I remembered we had an old canvas the kids had scribbled on in the closet. I pulled that out, a couple coats of paint, some glitter, and bam! Valentine art. 

Next I raided my scrap paper box, and spent one whole movie cutting out different size hearts, which I sewed together into a garland. 


I remembered I have some old valentines fabric that was given to me, but I never found a use for. With a little help from Emilie, I now have two cute pillows!
I also made some fun little stuffed hearts from some red and pink scrap fabric I had. 


I did spend a whopping four dollars at the dollar store for glass candle sticks and styrofoam cones. I spray painted the candle sticks white, and with my trusty glue gun and some fuzzy yarn I whipped up these fuzzy trees. 


Lastly, I found some little canvases in my art supplies. I drew a few straight lines in pink sharpie and painted rows of hearts on them. Added some yarn and the little puffy hearts, now I'm in love! 

I'm a little early for valentines day, but I love it nonetheless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?