Monday, May 30, 2011

I paint, I craft, I have fun

After my school gets out I get 3 glorious weeks before the big ones get out of school for the summer. This is my play time, my fun time. This year I have been painting rooms, and making a few decorations to go in them. I started with our back bedroom. My brother Paul started painting it for me before he left in February, but ran out of paint to finish it. In my pregnant state I was way too lazy to finish what he started then, so I decided to finish it now. I wish my white wall was actually the yellow I thought I was getting, but it will do for now. It is even growing on me a bit.



After painting, the walls looked awfully bare, so of course a couple decorating projects were in order, and I moved my crafting stuff in. For that I needed a little organization, and some jars I had came in handy for that.


From there I moved into the kitchen. That room has been woefully in need of a paint job since we moved in, and I'm happy to say that after 3 years I finally got it done. I love it too! We also put on a new faucet, and Jason is currently out getting some led lights for under the cabinets. Hopefully this summer we can tile the back splash, and really finish things off.






Bedroom



I painted the shelf green and lined it with mason jars filled with crafting goodies.






some inspiration







Las Vegas Temple



Both projects together only cost me $5, and I love how they turned out!






another view of the bedroom, on the bookshelf you can see some work from my clay class.




Kitchen









Kitchen view two

1 comment:

  1. I love your little family, I miss my dear friend, I am so thankful for the internet and TOTALLY AGREE that a coat of paint does wonders! Looks awesome Sis! xo

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?