Monday, May 9, 2011

A Baptism and a Blessing















Saturday evening we put Jason through a Priesthood triathlon, and he took first place. We baptised Ivy, and blessed Carmella. It was such a wonderful service. Aunt Monique, and Uncle Shawn gave excellent talks, and Ivy was so cute and funny during them. She answered their questions, and threw in a little of Ivy's signature silliness.

She put Jason through a bit of a workout. He had to dunk her twice because she lifted her foot out of the water. He took care of that the second time by standing on her feet.

He then confirmed her, and gave her a sweet blessing. After that it was Carmella's turn to be blessed. There was such an outpouring of the Spirit in the room. I could really feel Heavenly Father's love for my children. As members of the church we have such a unique privilege to perform these sacred ordinances. It really is a beautiful gift from our loving Father in Heaven.


I am so grateful that my parents were able to be here from Las Vegas. I know it meant a lot to them, and to my girls, and to me.

Thank you to all our family and friends who were able to share in the day with us.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful girls! I'm glad everything went so well. I'm so sorry that we weren't able to make it. We just had way too much going on that day. I'm glad you had lots of family there. That always makes things like this extra special.

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?