Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Sweethearts


I used to dislike Valentine's Day. In fact Jason and I never celebrated it because our anniversary is only 2 weeks before. But for the last couple of years I have really been enjoying celebrating it with the kids.

Last year I made a Love Note box, and starting one month prior to the big day, we start writing each other love notes. I provide pretty little papers and markers, and when we get the whim we start writing. We even did it a couple times as part of our family home evening lesson.
Then for FHE the week before we decorated Valentine Boxes and set them out for decorations.
On the Actual day, which this year just happened to be Monday, I filled the girls boxes with treats and new stuffed animals. Then for FHE we opened our boxes and passed out the Love Notes. We had so many notes this time! Some were sweet and some were funny, and Ivy gave several to herself. Addie's were cute little scribble pictures. We had a great time reading our notes out loud and telling everyone how much we love them.

For dessert (as if all the candy wasn't enough!) I made Valentine sugar cookies. We had such a great night, and Jason keeps telling me it was the best Valentine's Day he's ever had.


I just love the love!!

2 comments:

  1. What fun family traditons! You can tell the girls loved it. We've recently started making Valentine's more of a family holiday and I love it!!! I just might borrow some of your ideas for nect year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea. I may have to steal it and make it a part of our own family traditions. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?