Monday, September 21, 2009

Autumn in all its Splendor!

I would like to officially welcome Autumn to 2009. I am so happy it is finally here.
Autumn is by far my favorite season. If I lived somewhere with trees and mountains I would be watching each day as the colors of changing leaves slowly move down the mountain to the valley, until the whole town is awash with color. I don't miss much about Utah, but that is one thing I really do miss Great Autumn color.
I love that the baking desire in me comes to life each September. Time to make pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, baked apples, apple crisp, and all things yummy. I love chili and scones, beef stew, and chicken soup. Time to make use of my crock pot again.
Halloween is just around the corner, and Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. I loved going to the fabric store as a kid and looking at the pattern books. I would sit forever deciding which costume I would wear that year. Then mom and I would decide which fabric would be best for my pattern choice. I loved watching how the flat piece of shiny pink fabric transformed into a Petal Princess. I get so excited just thinking about making costumes for my kids, the way my mom did for me.
I love corduroy, and sweaters, and jackets. I love hot cider, and Halloween parties. I love cooler days, and cooler nights. I love the smell of lit jack-o-lanterns.
I love Autumn!!

4 comments:

  1. We have an open door policy to any baked items you feel the need to depart with. I wouldn't want you to be overrun with baked goodies. It's for your own good;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second this blog posting. Every thing about it. I didn't know we were so much alike! I love Autumn and Halloween. They're my definite faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Written!!!! It's my favorite as well! Caleb said to me yesterday! I love cold, it smells good! I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I will try to not cry as summer not walks...but runs away from my skin! I think you enjoy it so, because you make it magical for your family!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?