Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chores?

Like most parents I ask my children to do things around the house for me. Aside from regular chores like keeping their rooms clean, and putting dishes away; I often ask them to throw things in the garbage, or put their shoes away. Little things really.
Well, lately Emilie has been asking me to do little things for her. Things she can't seem to find the time in her busy schedule for. For example, "Mom will please line all these Barbies up on the piano for me? I don't have time before school." and "Please dress these dolls for me while I'm gone. I don't want them to be naked all day." Oh, and my personal favorite "Make a fort out of all the pillows while I'm gone, I want to play in it when I get home."

I must admit I did humor her at first, and yes, I did line the Barbies up on the piano for her. Now however, I wonder if that wasn't a mistake...

5 comments:

  1. Clever girl! That is absolutely hilarious......she is FORBIDDEN to discuss it with my daughters ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember dressing and lining up about nine Cabbage Patch Dolls on your bed for you because you did not have time to get them out of their pj's before school and you didn't want them in their pj's all day!!!
    I think they call this pay-back. Just do it and enjoy, she will be leaving home before you know it.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is pretty hillarious, clever little girl. I guess you always have to watch what you say because your kids will really learn from you. I love kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally imagine her little voice saying all those things and it's cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is HILARIOUS! I could not stop laughing and I love the blondie song that is playing right now - SWEET!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?