Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Saturday was a busy day for our little family. In the morning we joined our ward in participating in Clean Up Burleson. We dropped Addie off at church for some free baby sitting, and made the other 2 work. Emilie had a great time pinching my bottom with the garbage grabber tool, and picking wild flowers. Ivy "fell" in every mud puddle she found, chased butterflies, and played in poison ivy. luckily she was sufficiently covered, and never got a rash.

After the clean up was over we were off the the park for a hike with my Activity Days girls. That was such a kick. Jason came as priesthood leadership, and was such a trooper pushing the double stroller on the bumpy path. Ivy once again found the mud puddles, and Emilie had such a great time getting to know the girls better. She will be joining the group this November; I think it is good for her to see what it is like. She is so excited to be official. Really I think it was the best activity we have had yet. We gave the girls disposable cameras to use, and I can't wait to see the pictures they took.

By the time the day was over we were all ready to crash. I'm so glad we used our Saturday in such a good way, it seems like we usually waste our time. I would really like to make our Saturdays more meaningful, and spend time as a family.

2 comments:

  1. "Luckily she was sufficiently covered" literally made me laugh out loud! I love and miss you so much, think of you often, am saddened your babies don't know me, but long for the eternities when we can go for long walks in the warm rain! xo love you so, Sis (Sara M.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post because this is the exact thing Brandon and I are working on. Brandon has a tendency to want to lounge around all Saturday because he has worked all week, which I understand, but I am just itching to run errands and spend time doing something as a family - he says he has to fight laziness everyday - poor guy. I am so proud of you for doing it! GREAT JOB! By the way, the storms have been right over Burleson the last few times and Brandon and I have been worried for you guys since it has been way worse down there than up here. We hope you guys are OK. I love your story of the tornado scare, Jason is just THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?