Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oh what do we do in the Summertime . . .


 It seems like everyday in the summer, I'm trying to figure out how to keep kids occupied. I feel like letting them sit around in pj's all day watching Power Puff Girl and MLP re-runs is a huge mom fail. Of course I know that's not true . . .  at least not entirely true.

My solution to this summer dilemma is to keep them busy. Each week I keep us on the move. We go to parks with splash pads, to the lake, to story time. We do kids crafts, and have friends over to play. We take short day trips so I can photograph life. 


The kids have a blast.  For them it's always "the best summer ever!"  
I love doing this for them. It makes me happy, and gives me purpose. I love spending time with my girls. They make me laugh. They bring me great joy. 


I admit, Carmella's sassy summer attitude is wearing on me, and I'm a little tired of breaking up arguements about who gets to be Elsa. But, beyond all that, I love my summers with my daughters. I hope they remember these times when they are older. If they don't, I'll make sure to remind them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?