Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fire Station Field Trip

Yikes! It's been a long time since I posted anything here. I guess being MIA for a month, and then being sucked into a Statistics Black Hole will do that to a blog. So, I guess it's time to get back into the swing of things.


This last Tuesday our lovely play group leader/organizer set up a tour of one of the local fire stations. Luckily, it happened to be the one right next to our house. I love a field trip that I can walk to! The kiddos and I set out around 10:15am and met up with the biggest play-grorp I have ever seen. There were no less than 50 parents and children in attendance. The fireman giving the tour said this was the largest group they had ever had. Go Burleson Ward!

The kids had a great time checking out the fire truck and watching as one of the firemen put on his gear for them to see. He looked a little scary with his mask on, and he sounded a bit like Darth Vader too.



We have lived practically next door this station for 5 1/2 years and this was the first time I have gone to take a tour. Addie, and Ivy have both been, and Jason has even been before. I am so glad I went. I love living so close to a fire station, it makes me feel good know they are so close to my home. If I ever need them, they are literally right down the street.








No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya think?