Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Star Student

Her silly pose

Her nice pose

At the end of every month each teacher selects from among their students
one Star Student. Someone who has
been an example of an
exceptional student, or has greatly improved her performance in class.
This month Ivy was chosen from her
third grade class.

I was told yesterday that she was getting the award, so
this morning I made sure to actually get dressed, and to dress the little girls.
(which I never do by the way, I'm a pajama driver)
I grabbed the stroller and camera bag, and off we went to school.
Ivy was very confused that I was there. She said to her teacher
"My moms here, why is my mom here?"

The look on her face was priceless as the Principal announced her name.
She was so surprised and excited.
I am so proud of her. She has really struggled with
school this year. I know that making the change
 from less play time to more work time has
been very hard on her. She has come a long way, and
I couldn't be a happier mommy!


the other third grade award winners.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! She's so grown-up - I can't believe Ivy's in 3rd grade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ivy. Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?