Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thank you Laurelwood Ward Young Womens Leaders


To all the Young Women's leaders I've had before,

Thank you. Thank you for all the time you freely gave to a bunch of silly giggly girls. For all the lessons you tried so hard to make spiritual and fun for us. For going to girls camp, and never complaining about it.

For teaching me to keep a journal. A skill I am using today as I write this blog. For teaching me the value of an education. For teaching me what to look for in a young man, and how to behave when I met him.

Thank you for driving us to the temple for baptisms for the dead, and for suffering through Youth Conferences, and stake dances.

Thank you for praying for me; for worrying about me. For being aware of the hard times in a teenage girls life.

Thank you for teaching me to pray, and to love the scriptures. Thank you for teaching me how to lead a hymn, and conduct a meeting.

Thank you for teaching me how to make a quilt, use modge podge, and to make a white sauce.

Thank you for teaching how to pit cook a turkey, build a fire, and bandage a wound, all while singing silly songs, and having a great time.


Most of all, thank you for helping me to become the woman, and Young Women's Leader I am today. Thank You!

1 comment:

What do ya think?