Wednesday, December 30, 2009

All that Christmasey Stuff

This may have been the best Christmas of my Adult life. The kids were so excited and filled with wonder this year. Emilie still believes in Santa. Ivy was a crack up as usual. I kept finding her in the living room counting and organizing her presents. Addie was just as sweet as she could be. I had to re wrap several boxes this year because of her. She is a present unwrapping pro now. I think having her birthday so close to Christmas is what contributed to that.

My parents were able to come this year to join in our celebration. It was so great having them. I really think they had more fun than the kids did. What with all the fudge making, and gingerbread house decorating and all.

With them came snow this year. Only one other time have we had a White Christmas, and Ivy was too young to remember it. I never thought it would happen in Texas. I even gave all our baby snow boots to our niece to wear while she was in Idaho this year, never thinking we would need them. I think the kids had more fun with the snow than they did with their presents. We built snowmen, had a snowball fights, and drank lots of hot chocolate by a roaring fire.

Yes, I think this was the best Christmas ever.



































3 comments:

  1. Looks like we bought the same gingerbread houses- good old Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical Christmas!!! The calendar turned out great! Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the best Christmas for Dad and I too. It was so much fun watching the girls open their presents, and play in the snow. We just might have to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?