Wednesday, May 14, 2008

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME NOW


Jason has often quoted from Dr Seuss's The Cat in the Hat, pg 18 lines 1-5.

"Look at me!

Look at me!

Look at me now!

It is fun to have fun

But you have to know how."


I think this quote accurately describes my life with Jason and raising his (our) children. I am always hearing "Mom watch this" and then I watch some silly trick Emilie or Ivy is doing. which to them is so awesome and creative, but which I myself and every other child on earth has done. (and probably has made their parents watch as well). What kills me is that Jason 33 years old is still doing "great tricks" that I have to watch with wonder and amazement. When do men grow out of this phase? Do they ever? Or am just lucky to be married to a very old kid?

Now I should state that the number of jump kicks and kip ups performed have decreased in the last few years, but I wonder sometimes if when we are 70 I will still be hearing the words " Hey Sara, look at this" .

3 comments:

  1. I guess the best part about it is that the kids (including Jason) all want to share it with you because you are special! And they know you will make them feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys, so full of fun and life! Jason is the bomb, you are such a great mom... have I told you lately how much I love Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so fun and have managed to remain young despite having 3 kids-it's amazing. When's our lady's night?

    ReplyDelete

What do ya think?